Ever since I started this little blog, I’ve been posting once a week. For the past months, I’ve stuck to my schedule and posted every Sunday. But it’s time to change things up! I’m feeling inspired! So, from now on, I’m still going to post every Sunday, but I will also publish a little something on Thursdays. It will generally be something lighter, just for fun. But I think you’ll enjoy it.
Let’s start with 10 random facts you didn’t know about me 🙂
1. I broke my right ankle when I was 3 years old and had to have a cast that covered my whole leg. The next day, my parents and I were leaving for two weeks at the beach so I couldn’t swim into the ocean unless my cast was covered by a plastic bag.
2. I dyed my hair blonde once, in the 8th grade and it was UGLY! I have olive skin with dark eyebrows, so my yellow (yes, I admit it now, it was yellow) hair really clashed with my skin tone. I still cringe when I see pictures of myself at that age.
3. I’ve been friends with my bestie since she was born. She’s more like a sister, really. I’m almost two years older than her. We used to be neighbours when we were kids and our parents were friends, so we’ve known each other forever. Even if we both moved, we kept in touch and our friendship is stronger than ever in our adulthood.
4. I’m allergic to cats (and dogs, and dust), but I still have two at home. I adopted mine, Velcro, six years ago, deciding that I would not let allergy run my life, and Alex already had one, P.K., when we moved in together. Sometimes, I sneeze and get a reaction, but most of the time, I’m completely fine.
5. I spent six months traveling in Australia when I finished my first college degree. I left on my own because no one I knew had enough money to come with me and I didn’t want to pass up the opportunity. Over there, I worked a little and had the time of my life. And came back broke 😉
6. I’m completely addicted to Gilmore Girls. I watched it religiously when it aired and when they released the new episodes on Netflix last year, I called in sick from work so I could binge watch them at midnight. Oh, and I visited the Warner Bros backlot twice so I could see “Stars Hollow”.
7. I hate coconut. The taste and the smell. Yuck. I don’t know why… My boyfriend loooooves it, though. Don’t know how he does it. The stuff is nasty.
8. When I was a child, I wanted to become an actress. So original, I know. But I was somewhat serious about it and took theater classes. I was in many plays in school and out of school (I’m still a member of a troupe to this day). I started studying drama in college, but realized I didn’t have the fire needed to actually make a career out of it, so I became a teacher instead 😉
9. I grew up in the suburbs, but always wanted to live in the country. Maybe it’s because I read Anne of Green Gables when I was young, but I saw myself on a farm or in a small town. I’m really happy to actually be living in the countryside now, it’s like a dream come true.
10. I used to swing dance. I took classes for a year and a half and loved it, but now that I live so far from the city, it’s very difficult to have dancing opportunities. Maybe I’ll get back to it at some point.
What are some random facts about you? Are you similar, or different from me? I would love to get to know you more! Leave a comment below, on Facebook or on Instagram!
Until next time,